Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Raccoons (model sheets, 1986)

This is how I wins the Interwebs.


 The following are some scanned copies of the model sheets to the classic Canadian animated series "The Raccoons" from during it's earlier years, so don't expect any drawings of Bentley and his sister Lisa here.  Should help out the fan community in drawing these guys.

























As a special bonus, here's a piece of key animation done by Nik Ranieri as seen in the opening of the show!
Again, thanks to Gerard de Souza for the help!

3 comments:

Zartok-35 said...

Beautiful sheets! The Raccoons is one of my favorite historical subjects.

Kid said...

I'm not familiar with the cartoon, but the model sheets look great.

Chris Sobieniak said...

Wouldn't surprise me if you never saw it before, though I've read it was aired in the UK otherwise, apparently the series was very popular in Germany I noticed. In the US, the show debuted on The Disney Channel, which unless I didn't say so before, had been a premium channel your parents had to pay extra for back then on top of already paying for cable TV (it was in that tier with familiar channels like Showtime and HBO), though because I lived pretty close to Canada anyway, I could watched it for free courtesy of their public broadcaster CBC as well (it was offered on cable too).